Reverbnation Banner

High%20DefynitionQuantcast High%20DefynitionQuantcast

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

High Defynition Interview With Indigo Hip Hop Magazine

High Defynition Interview

By Indigo Hip Hop Magazine
"I'm bout to go into beast mode,
everytime I come around they say that boy heart froze..." 
 
 
 Position of Power is the 2010 up and coming album by Drop Squad rapper High Defynition. It will be HDs' freshman album, which is scheduled TBA.
The album is scheduled to feature guest appearances from Imfamous, D Bo, Amanda Talevski. Tentative track production will come from Imfamous and HD himself.

IHHM: Is the album done?

High Defynition: It's almost completed, still have a few more tracks to get done. Bout 4 or 5 more.

IHHM: With all the tracks, how do you bump one?

High Defynition: If I feel a track is hotter than another then I would replace it with a track thats not as hot as that track, but sometimes I just may add a track to the track listing.

IHHM: Do you listen to it a lot to get a feel for it or lay the tracks—

High Defynition: Yes! I always listen to the tracks over and over to make sure the feel is right and that I know it is something that needs to impress the audience; plus Imfamous and I are perfectionist, so it has to be right.

IHHM: Talk about being a perfectionist, I don't think a lot of people who aren't fans of hip-hop think of a hip-hop artists as hard workers.

High Defynition: Honestly its harder than people think, its not an easy job; you're constantly in the studio.

IHHM: Does it ever happen that you record something after the deadline and drive yourself crazy because it's really hot?

High Defynition: Yeah, but if it's that hot than sometimes I would just put it for download.

IHHM: Do you feel like you are getting better?

High Defynition: Yeah I do, I constantly stay recording and sometimes I even listen to my old music and just suprised on how much I have improved and I kno by day I am gettting better.

IHHM: With N.W.A., it was Ice Cube who had the most success in the beginning when he left the group but, at the end of the game it was Dr. Dre who had the most success.

High Defynition: Yup. you really never know what can happen in hip hop, one day one person can have the most success and than the next day you may have the most success, so it fluctuates.

IHHM: I heard that 50 Cent and Eminem were your idols.

High Defynition: Well Eminem is a great lyricist and Fifth is a great entrepreneur, so having those specialties would helpout a lot with this business.

IHHM: Who out there has something you wish you had, skill-wise?

High Defynition: Certain people. It's really not a lot out there but a couple examples would be Eminem, 50 Cent, Kanye West, Drake, and Game. Oh and I can't forget about LLoyd Banks.

No comments:

Post a Comment